Pioneering research and new ideas
One of Cefic’s missions is to generate and aggregate data on all scientific, technical, economic, and environmental topics critical for the chemical industry and for society.
Developing common understandings on science, technical developments and societal issues is key to answer societal concerns and inform both the industry and decision- makers’ future strategies.
In order to act as knowledge hub, Cefic relies on a multi-disciplinary network of partners and stakeholders and draws upon the trusted expertise of
- 5,000 industry experts from companies & federations
- 30 national chemical industry federations in Europe
- Expert Staff in science, regulatory and economic matters
- Chemical associations worldwide: in the U.S., Japan and other countries (the International Council of Chemical Associations (ICCA)
- Trade unions such as IndustriAll (European Mine, Chemical and Energy Workers’ Federation) and ECEG (European Chemical Employers Group).