The voice of the chemical industry in Europe
Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, founded in 1972, is the voice of large, medium and small chemical
companies across Europe, which provide 1.1 million jobs and account for approximately about 15% of world chemicals production.
Cefic is devoted to promoting a thriving chemical industry that is broadly recognised to:
- provide sustainable, safe and resource efficient solutions,
- foster prosperity, growth and investments in Europe,
- provide safe and resource efficient solutions to meet the challenges for future generations.
The Association’s mission is to:
- serve its members by generating and aggregating scientific knowledge that fosters the purpose of the Association in critical areas,
- offer services and expertise to its members in regulatory, scientific and technical matters,
- engage, advocate and represent the industry in order to create the right support and policy frameworks in Europe and beyond,
- add value as a collective compared to individual companies’ activities.
Download the Cefic statutes.
A committed partner to the European Union
Cefic strives to be the best respected and most trusted business association in Europe. Based in Brussels since its founding in 1972, it is a committed partner to the European Union, interacting on behalf of its members with European institutions, non-governmental organisations, the media, and other stakeholders. Cefic is registered in the EU Transparency Register under n° 64879142323-90.
A key contributor to international matters
As an active member of the International Council of Chemical Associations (ICCA), Cefic seeks to strengthen existing cooperation with global organisations such as UNEP and the OECD to improve chemicals management worldwide.
A member of the Alliance for a Competitive European Industry (ACEI)
The Alliance for a Competitive European Industry (ACEI) was created in 2004 to harness the collective intelligence of 11 of Europe’s leading industry sector associations and BusinessEurope. Learn more.