European industries unite to call for an ambitious EU industrial strategy
Industry4Europe, a coalition of 149 sector associations representing the diversity of the EU’s industrial base, including the chemical industry published its new Joint Paper ‘A long-term strategy for Europe’s industrial future: from words to action’. Through cross-sectoral recommendations, the Industry4Europe coalition contributes to the future EU industrial strategy announced by European Commission President-Elect Ursula von der Leyen.
The Joint Paper presents concrete industrial policy proposals in seven priority fields:
- business-friendly policy environment
- sustainability at business core
- upgraded skills and training
- enhanced research and innovation
- investment and improved access to finance
- reinforcement of the European Single Market and strengthened trade and international market access.
The 149 industry organisations behind Industry4Europe stand united in their repeated calls for an ambitious and long-term EU industrial strategy that should help Europe remain a hub for a leading, smart, innovative and sustainable industry, that provides quality jobs and benefits all Europeans and future generations.