Cefic Digital Dialogue | Beyond European economic recovery: How can industry support Europe’s competitive sustainability?
Digital Dialogues are open stakeholder discussions, designed to provide an exchange of perspectives, activities and initiatives between the European chemical industry and its broader community, with the aim of contributing to the European policy agenda.
While Europe remains in the grip of the pandemic, recent economic forecasts indicate light at the end of the tunnel. With the historical European Recovery Package and the renewed Industrial Strategy in sight, European industry and its employees will play a vital role in Europe’s recovery, while striving for a greener, more resilient Europe.
As an essential player in the European industrial ecosystem, the chemical industry provides the products that enable European society to go climate neutral; our priority is to ensure that we can achieve this transformation while maintaining Europe’s production capacity and ensuring industrial competitiveness. But what is the best policy framework to further accelerate the industrial transformation and help achieve the 2050 goals?
This Digital Dialogue will present the chemical industry’s latest economic outlook and examine what is needed for Europe to achieve a successful economic recovery. Together we will discuss:
- How can the chemicals industry support Europe’s economic recovery?
- How can we boost investments into Europe to benefit European industry and European employees?
- What tools and mechanism can be put in place to drive further momentum towards the green recovery?
- Peter Westerheide – Head of Economic Intelligence – BASF
- Dennis Kredler – Director European Union Affairs, Head of Brussels Office – Dow
- Judith Kirton-Darling – Deputy Secretary General – IndustriAll European Trade Union
- Vincent Verouden – Member of the Recovery & Resilience Task Force, Secretariat General – European Commission
- Noor Yafai – Executive Director Public Affairs and Sustainabaility – Cefic
- René van Sloten – Executive Director Industrial Policy – Cefic
If you have any questions please contact Heather Kiggins .